Roses by Helen McNabb
**note from Thelma:
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF OKLAHOMA W.O.C.P., INC.
Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center
2546 Glenstone – Springfield, MO
March 30, 2017 ~ 1:00 p.m.
We will have a Pizza Luncheon to be proceeded immediately with the Annual Board Meeting. The cost is $10 to be paid at the door.
TENETIVE SCHEDULE OF ITEMS TO BE ADDRESSED AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
BYLAW CHANGE – The proposed BYLAW change reflects STANDING RULE F which was passed on September 24, 2016 to reflect an administrative clean-up of the Bylaw Article VI, Section 2 b.
Standing Rule F eliminated the words “Certified Auditor” and added “Independent Accountant.” This change was made because of the expensive cost of hiring a Certified Auditor for the organization and the Board feels an Independent Accountant will perform the services needed at a much lower cost.
BYLAW NOW READS: b. The Certified Auditor shall be selected by the President with approval of the Board.
PROPOSED BYLAW: b. The Independent Accountant shall be selected by the President with approval of the board.
NOMINATING COMMITTEE – Chairman Nancy Lepak will present a slate of Officers for 2017-2018
PRESENTATION OF THE PAULINE A. SALYER FOUNDER AWARD – Pat Gurley
2017 WOCP Convention – September 24-30, 2017 – Fredericksburg, Virginia
1. Elections of Delegates
2. Hospitality Package donation
3. Presentation to WOCP from Oklahoma at the Friday Night Banquet
4. Display at the World Show
INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS FOR 2017-2018
If you have something you want added to the Agenda, please let Thelma Ingram know by March 15, 2017 ~ Thelma Ingram ~ 10316 Bacardy Lane, Oklahoma City, OK 73162 ~ Telephone : 405-684-6998 EMAIL: [email protected]
The New Board Meeting will begin at the Adjournment of the Annual Meeting.
INFORMATION ABOUT TRI-STATE CONVENTION
1. We will have a Pizza Lunch, starting at 1:00, to be proceeded immediately with the Annual Board Meeting. The cost is $10 and will be paid at the door.
2. If you have not sent me the names of your Delegates and Alternates, please do by Tuesday, February 28.
3. Please let me know if you need Club Table space at the convention and approximately how many pieces your club will have for display. The cost of a club table is $10. The tables will be skirted by the hotel and we are not required to have a center decoration. I need this information by Tuesday, February 28.
4. We have raffle tickets we are selling for an Oklahoma Fund Raiser. The items for the raffle are (1) A Nativity Set – Donated by China Dolls, (2) A Travel Case with a Palette and other painting supplies (3) A piece of China Painted by Paula White. The tickets sell for $1 each or 6 for $5. I have mailed tickets to each club President for your club to sell.
5. We are encouraging everyone who comes to the convention to enter at least 1 piece in the Themed Contest.
RULES FOR THEMED CONTEST
1. Any member of WOCP, regardless of state membership may enter one piece in each of the 4 themed contests and will pay $5 entry fee for each piece.
2. There will be separate contests for professional and nonprofessional painters. PROFESSIONAL is defined as anyone who sells painted work and/or teaches.
3. The winner in each contest will receive ½ of the total entry fees for that category.
4. The 4 themes are:
FACES ACROSS MANY RIVERS (Portraits)
FLORA ACROSS THE MILES (Flowers and Fruit)
CREATURES THROUGH THE WOODS (Birds and animals)
CREATIVITY WITH NATURE’S TREASURES (Special Techniques)
As part of the Tri-State Convention, we are required to supply workers at the Registration Table, for Demonstrations Helpers, Themed Competition Registration, and for the Oklahoma Fund Raising Table. Several People have signed up, but if you haven’t, please sign-up with Dorothy Anderson.